Growing up

This blog is for family, and anyone else interested in seeing loads of pictures and updates of Alice's life, growth and development.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

12 months

Daddy's big dinosaur shoes
Still so tiny..


This is such a great pic! Who you lookin' at?
Catching up on some reading..
She went to see the kid's Christmas show one evening at a mall. She was so excited! And dancing away too. She loved it!


This month I guess I can say Alice learned to walk. She's getting lots of bumps from falling though. I have to keep praying for her protection. She weighed 35 pounds on her 1st birthday, and was just over 2 and a half feet tall. This month she went to her first circus. It was very good and she enjoyed it very much! She does not like sweet food. She can say at least 10 letters of the alphabet, and is good at copying words you say. She learned at least 10 new words this month. I guess I'll stop saying which words I notice she learns because there's so many and from now on she's only going to learn more and more how to talk. And after 2-3 months of not getting any new teeth, finally, another one came! So now she has 4 on top, and 4 on the bottom. Her favorite song is "Baby Jesus". Other favorites are "Quacky the Duck" and "My mommy is having a baby". When she wants me to sing, she rocks her head from side to side and makes a high, soft aahhh sound. Real dancer too. Playful, and lots of fun!

4 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if the words Alice and tiny should be in teh same sentence :)

 
At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you cut chad out of the last photo?

My sister-in-law is scaring me out of giving my kid sweets in the first year, so I thought "hum. i'm going to ask maria" so I come to the blog and find that perfect baby alice doesn't even like sweets. AGH!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Maria said...

Well, actually Mel cut him out of the picture. She took it, and said she just had to cut him out cause he looked too awful. ?

About the sweets, it's not too hard. Since we don't give Alice sweets, she doesn't ask for it when she sees it. The other day Chad and I were eating ice cream right in front of her, and she never asked for it, cause she had never tasted it. I figure she going to get introduced to all that soon enough anyway, so why not hold off for a little while?
Be strong Luchi!

 
At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I miss you guys. Yeah you have to be strong Luchi....at least with the first one, heh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home